Frequently Asked Questions
Can I run the Salsa Beat Machine on my Mobile device ?
The mobile version is called Salsa Rhythm, and is available for the following platforms:
Can I download the Salsa Beat Machine to my computer ?
There is an exclusive downloadable version and it's available for donors only. If you donate you are eligible for a copy. After making your donation, please send us a request by EMail and you'll receive your own private copy. Usual donation amount is 20$, you are free to donate as much as you wish.Go to the Donation Page
What are the system requirements for the downloadable version ?
You will need the following software on your computer:
- Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, 2003 or XP
- Flash Player ActiveX version 11.5 (download here)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or newer (download here)
Note that most computers already have these software installed. It's also recommended to have a Pentium 3 or a faster processor, and at least 512MB of RAM.
Can I donate to the Beat Machine ?
You can donate us using paypal. Just click on the "Donate" button, enter the amount
you would like to donate, and complete the transaction.
If are unsure of the amount, spend whatever you can afford - 20$ is the common donation.
Can I add my own patterns ?
If you know what XML is, then you can extend the Beat Machine. The process is quite simple:
- Obtain a machine XML file. You can either save a machine, then download its XML file, or simply download the Default Beat Machine.
- Edit the XML file in your favorite text editor. The file format is pretty straightfoward, and there are many parameters for you to play with.
- In the Beat Machine window, right-click anywhere within the "General" window (for example, you can right-click on the Speaker Icon). Then choose "Load machine from XML..." and select your XML file.
- When you are happy with your new machine, you can save it and share the link with others.
How do I contact you ?
You can mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us page.